Haventec participated in the Australian delegation to the Leaders’ Roundtable on Cyber Security in Jerusalem, Israel, on 30 October 2017 along with government, academia and industry representatives from Australia and Israel.
The round table provided an opportunity to exchange views on challenges and best practice responses in the field of cyber security, including:
- Frameworks and processes to support innovation
- Best practice on government supporting and developing local cyber security ecosystems companies, innovation and research
- Education and awareness on the ‘Internet of Things’, particularly in ensuring consumers are better able to use smart devices intelligently and securely
- Application of international laws and norms in cyberspace.
- The need to encourage students to strive for careers in cyber and science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM).
The meeting in Israel closed out the Australian Government’s Cyber Security Awareness Month in October.
Australia’s PM Malcolm Turnbull and Israel’s PM Benjamin Netanyahu pledged deeper cooperation on cyber-security in the fight against global terror threats.